Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelhead

Well, what can I say.
    This was my first total blank Steelie trip.
    Blizzard, then rain, which was torrential at times and then, bl***y gales.
    But to cap it all the egg ballers cleaned the pools before we got to fish them.
    So it goes, I think only 3 Steelhead were taken by fly for the whole 8 days fishing.
    It was still great to be there, but frustrating at times.
    Had a couple of Dollies and cutts, and one of the best sights was a bull moose having a race with our 4x4, only kidding, some fishermen had taken their dogs to the river and they swaned off after the creature, only too spook it. Not a good thing too do, and lucky it was a moose and not a bear, they normally chase the dogs back to their owners.
    Well, checking out my next trip allready.
    Must be a complete nutter.
    Cap

Shwd mae Cap?

Sorry to hear that you did not manage a steelie, you must have been frustrated. I would have been gutted.
    I was looking forward to your report and pictures too

I imagine that you enjoyed being there though, even though the weather was poor.
    Cant blame you for looking forward to your next visit though!!

Tight lines for the rest of the season though,

Hwyl,

Leighton.
    Born to fish........Forced to work!! :>

Comment

Originally posted by Leighton View Post
      Shwd mae Cap?

Sorry to hear that you did not manage a steelie, you must have been frustrated. I would have been gutted.
      I was looking forward to your report and pictures too

I imagine that you enjoyed being there though, even though the weather was poor.
      Cant blame you for looking forward to your next visit though!!

Tight lines for the rest of the season though,

Hwyl,

Leighton.
      Leighton,
      Nice to hear from you again.
      Toughest outing yet after the Steelies, but the conditions were against the flies, the roe boys had it better, but still tough.
      Never mind, can't do anything about the weather, I'm looking forward to the next trip allready.
      Cap

Comment

Sorry to hear/read about the trip, Cap. Better luck next time. That's the thing with these trips, regarless of how far you travel or how much you pay there's no controlling the weather or the conditions, sadly. Better luck for next year - get stuck into a few early sewin on the Teifi in the meantime.

TT.

Comment

Next year my a**e, I'm planning one for the end of october, if everything falls into place, to fish the Babine river.
          :> :> :>
          Cap

Comment

Originally posted by steelheadnut View Post
            Next year my a**e, I'm planning one for the end of october, if everything falls into place, to fish the Babine river.
            :> :> :>
            Cap
            Cap, stop teasing me with these trips to BC !! I also have a contact in Canada sending me weekly reports etc & saying that he`s planning a trip to the Skeena!!

Good luck to you I say, go for it.
            I will get there one day I suppose, for the mean time "her who sall be obeyed" wants to change the roof on the house. ::

Cofion,

Leighton.
            Born to fish........Forced to work!! :>

Comment

Working...
            X