Renewing your licence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewing your licence

I have just been to the post office to renew my fishing licence for teh coming season. I use teh post office rather than on line because we need our post offices and they need us. Anyway, teh point of this post.

Take your reminder with you and hand it over when making your application, they will scan the reminder and ask if any of your details have changes and hey presto you have renewed your licence. it took less than a minute. No licence of course, just the receipt, I believe the new card will follow - no idea when so you have to hang on to your proof of purchase.

The reason for the post: I am not sure the reminder made it clear to take the reminder with you? Not often one can say things have improved. Last year it took me ages.

Let's see what happens about the card??

Highplains,

Thanks for that. I received a reminder the other day and at first I took it to be expensive junk mail. Hopefully it will save a bit of time at the post office. It better be a pretty special looking new card this year, as I struggle to see how I get now £70 worth of service a year out of the EA.::/

Phil

Comment

Oh dear, serves me right, my reminder has gone into the recycling bin!!Tight Lines
      Aled

Comment

Fortunately i still have mine,but your quite right,its not very clear on the reminder.~#

SG

Comment

your reminder tells you that your new licence will follow in 7 days, i must say im impressed usually the post office wont have a clue how to renew your licence i think this new system is far better , one thing though if you fish with two rods while coase fishing then you need two licences , because the salmon /seatrout licence is twice the price of the non migratory licence wouldnt you think that you could use two rods for no extra cost not on your life mate and you can no longer update from a non migratory licence to a migratory licence by paying the extra cash , we must have fools printed all over our faces ~#

Comment

mine arrived this morning what a silly idea it is, have you tried to sign it yet there insnt a pen in our house that will do the job and as for waterproof dont believe a word of that ,it is a piece of paper with a vey poor laminate over it, press here it says to release the card from the paper ,i did and ripped it open , here is me saying that the system for renewing is much better and then they let us down by giving you a very poorly made licence get a grip E.A. we will not accept this type of crap::

Comment

I renewed by telephone and was told i could upgrade my non migratory licence to a full salmon licence as before. I checked the EA website and it does indeed state this option is available by taking your licence to a post office and paying the difference.
              Iam glad to hear i am not the only one to have had a rip whilst pushing out the licence-goldhead
              Last edited by goldhead; 22-03-2009, 18:19.

Comment

i stand corrected mate , its still bloody impossible to push the licence free from the holder inst it ,ive laminated mine again properly as i dont think it will stand up to a soaking in its original condition

Comment

Working...
                X