• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic hazard

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7874818.stm
    If I was a South Wales inhabitant I would not be heading east !::

Childs play Andy.

Couple of days back we had so much snow the 'Fed's' closed InterState 5, THE major 'highway' from Vancouver, BC to Mexico a couple of miles south of me. To put you all in context, I-5 has (as I understand it) about 10,000 'big box' trucks running north/south per month.

Zero for two days ... Ashland/Medford (Oregon) was one huge parking lot until they could 'plow/sand/what-ever' the road so traffic could get over the pass into/out of Oregon/California.

Went to bed last night at about 9:30 PM .. clear sky, 45 degrees out side ... woke up at 4Am ... and 8" of new snow on the ground. A good thing to have a 4x4 with studded snow tires.~:.

fae

Comment

Originally posted by fredaevans View Post
      Couple of days back we had so much snow the 'Fed's' closed InterState 5, THE major 'highway' from Vancouver, BC to Mexico a couple of miles south of me. To put you all in context, I-5 has (as I understand it) about 10,000 'big box' trucks running north/south per month.

Zero for two days ... Ashland/Medford (Oregon) was one huge parking lot until they could 'plow/sand/what-ever' the road so traffic could get over the pass into/out of Oregon/California.

Went to bed last night at about 9:30 PM .. clear sky, 45 degrees out side ... woke up at 4Am ... and 8" of new snow on the ground. A good thing to have a 4x4 with studded snow tires.~:.

fae
      Hi there Fred,
      I take it then there's no point going out for a spot of dry fly fishing :> :> :> :>
      Cap

Comment

Working...
      X