Rio Grande; Argentina and Chile.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio Grande; Argentina and Chile.

Some great early reports coming in from the Grande, with some colossal fish, as always!! I believe our very own Stargazer will be over there soon, so I'm sure he will be adding to the hall of fame! |\ Look forward to seeing the pics mate.

Anyway, something to wet your appetite; here are some pics from this season thus far:

I will keep updating as the reports and photos arrive.

TT.

Just 4 weeks before I'm in Patagonia again, nothing more to say - I'm just gloating.

Whoooooo!

Comment

Hola from Buenos Aires:>.Just a quick word to say its 32 degrees out here and i have just been out for a few cold beers,its a hard life.Just a quick word to say i will be flying home tomorrow night and will post a report when i get home.For those about to go to TDF the river is low and clear but we had some reasonable rain on thursday and friday which brought the river up a few inches.The fishing has been good,but because of the conditions its been best early morning and late evening.I can feel a siesta coming on now,so i will say ciao for now

SG

Comment

Looking forward to the report mate |\

Comment

Back home to reality,sadly

Well,i got back home yesterday and i'm shattered::/.All i can say is,as far as i'm concerned it was a great trip,but with mixed emotions for myself.By this i mean i can't complain with catching many double figure sea trout up to 18 and a half pounds,but lost all 3 of my biggest fish.By big i mean in the upper 20's no problem at all,with the biggest being a huge cock fish which literally pulled me into the river,yes into the river.It may be hard to believe,but the fish caught me day dreaming and pulled me off balance into the drink,which was greeted with loud!! laughter as you can imagine.Its funny though to think that the only thing going through my mind at that dangerous time was to keep my rod up high to keep the tension on the beast~#but to no ovail,gutted wasn't the word.This said,the friend who fished with me was fortunate enough to land two 20lb fish which was nice to see.I will post some of his pics when i get them,if he doesn't do it him self?
          I have to say these Grande sea trout fight amazingly well,they are so powerfull,no doubt their impressive girth and depth contibutes to this.Infact,i have never lost so many fish,landing around 1 in 3 fish hooked.I won't harp on to much longer,but will include a hand full of fish pic's below,along with the famous Tierra Del Fuego Sunset and a local fox which decided to pay me a visit.

Dawn on the Grande

This photo gives you some idea of the girth on these fish.

My first of the trip,always a relief and straight from the salt.

As you can see the fish are still full of energy when being released as this Torpedo shows.
          Well i think thats enough for now,any questions don't hesitate to ask

Tight Lines
          SG
          Last edited by stargazer; 12-02-2009, 20:37.

Comment

Well mate , what can i say other than (fantastic) |\ unlucky on the big boys , would have loved to have seen your face when you fell in (sorry) :> but like you said , sod your safety just hang on to the fish , but now its back to reality and i bet the over time is being put in already for the return , brill report , speak soon. ~:.

Comment

Absolutely top notch mate!! |\ superb. Great shots, great report, and superb fish.

TT.

Comment

Thanks for the kind remarks guys.Well i'm off to cardiff now for what i hope to be the icing on the cake of a good couple of weeks for me.I've been lucky enough to get a ticket for todays match,so come on Wales|\.

SG

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer View Post
                  Thanks for the kind remarks guys.Well i'm off to cardiff now for what i hope to be the icing on the cake of a good couple of weeks for me.I've been lucky enough to get a ticket for todays match,so come on Wales|\.

SG
                  On your roll, buy yourself a Lottery ticket.

Comment

20lb buck

Here is one of the 20lb fish i mentioned earlier|\

We were waiting for the smile.....but it never came:?

SG

Comment

Miserable fecker doesn't deserve it, or is it an enigmatic smile.....either way I'm jealous.......one day.....

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer View Post
                        Here is one of the 20lb fish i mentioned earlier|\

We were waiting for the smile.....but it never came:?

SG
                        Nice one Stargazer, can't wait for my trip after the Steelhead of B.C.
                        Cap

Comment

Cracking report and some crackin fish well done mate.
                          Tight Lines
                          Aled

Comment

Cracking report with some great pics . Welldone mate . Catch up soon. I `ve got your text but the mobile is playing up ,no suprise there !:>

Phil

Comment

Great stuff... sounds as though you had some great experiences... catch you on the bank to hear about them :-)
                              Ian

Comment

Working...
                              X