Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather in Southern Oregon.

Don't like what you've got? Wait a few hours .....:}

We've gone from lots of snow on the ground, to warm up/rain and rivers pushing/over flood stage, back to sun, and now the snow is pounding down again.

This is SOOOOO screwing up my fishing plans .... (insert series of four letter words).:@

Hi there Fred,
    Bit of a bummer that, nothing you can do 'bout the weather, just grin an' bear it. You could get some extra flies/lures tied up in the meantime :>, ready for the great fishing ahead.
    I just hope it'll be good up in B.C. in Aprill, when I get there to fish the rivers around Terrace(health permitting of course).
    Cap

Comment

Well, come April, we'll still up to our Butt's in snow.

Here's "my problem:'' http://waterdata.usgs.gov/or/nwis/uv...cd=00065,00060
      :::::@

Motor Home is 'gassed and good to go,' Frig is running and full of food, several two-handers rigged, boxes of new flies in the car (the 'toad on the road) and all I need (as well as the fellows coming up from Kalifornia with the drift boat) is the river to drop back to the little triangles on the graph above.|\|\

The only 'up side' of this is the fish will continue to hold in the Ocean until the river drops.~:.

Crap and Poop! I want to go fishing!!!!!

Comment

What are you targetting Fred, steelhead? How's it been thus far this winter? Don't worry if you haven't, but it would be great to see some pics of your waters and fish.

TT.

Comment

Hi TT.

There is a 'Winter Steelhead' God. Water flow here on the Chetco (got here late yesterday PM) is dropping like a rock. Lower river is still running on the high side, but per 'a local' I've known for ages the FISH ARE IN ... big time.

Fellow hooked/released three yesterday and two the day before. Did a 'river recon' early today and the upper river should be in perfect shape in 24-48 hours. |\|\|\|\

HOOOO RAH! Part that's 'weird' (sp?) is it's lightly raining here close to the mouth of the river and zip 15'sh miles up stream. That said, lunch is over, and Doggie-Dog and I are headed back to "Redwood Bar."

Fred

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/or/nwis/uv...cd=00065,00060
          Last edited by fredaevans; 06-01-2009, 21:48.

Comment

To bring this back on top.

I was complaining about 'our weather?' Such a whimp! Western Washington-Northern Oregon got 15 INCHES in 24 hours.:} Interstate 5, THE only major freeway system connecting the three Pacific Coast States was under 20 foot of water.

Only alternate route to travel north or south?:? The coastal highway (101) or 95 up through eastern Oregon/Washington ..... either way it's apparently a 500 mile 'detour' to get around this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by fredaevans View Post
              I was complaining about 'our weather?' Such a whimp! Western Washington-Northern Oregon got 15 INCHES in 24 hours.:} Interstate 5, THE only major freeway system connecting the three Pacific Coast States was under 20 foot of water.

Only alternate route to travel north or south?:? The coastal highway (101) or 95 up through eastern Oregon/Washington ..... either way it's apparently a 500 mile 'detour' to get around this mess.
              Hi Fred,
              With the price of gas over there being soooo cheap, you should enjoy the extra miles :> :> :> :> :>
              Cap

Comment

Oh! and by the way, enjoy the fishing when you get there :> :> :> :> :> :>
                Wish I was with you.
                Cap

Comment

Working...
                X