Wigglefins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wigglefins

Has anyone seen these before? If you have do you know if they are any good for sewin? Steve Parton wrote an aritcle in Total Flyfisher using them on a reservoir for trout with great sucsess.

Here is the link to the site if you don't know what they are.
    http://www.wigglefin.com/

UF
    Last edited by Ugie Fisher; 31-12-2008, 20:19.

I have a couple of these, I have tried them a few times for sea trout & salmon on the Fowey & Camel during the day when the river has been falling from a spate, alas without any success. flying c's seem to work a lot better.
    I have just taken delivery of some double bladed c's from Ireland that look quite interesting can't wait to give these a try ! has anyone else tried them ?

Comment

i haven't but have seen them in action but they didnt get very long to work when i saw them because the fish were going nuts.

Comment

Yup.

But usually used for lake fishing (or open ocean for salmon at slack tide) to add action to what might be an other wise 'non-action bait.'

fae

Comment

so do you catch a lot on them fred? i was thinking of using them on my local eastury where the fish are spoilt for choice so something different should work.............. i hope.

Comment

I bought some of these before the Denmark trip a couple of years back, but never used them. I've seen a video clip of how they should work and they look good.

Along the same subject route I've also tried these things:

http://www.anglers-lodge.co.uk/produ...WOBBLER_BLADES

But never tried them on trout etc. these were for Golden Dorado:

Did make this mount up for a fry immitation, but never got round to using it:

TT.

Comment

cheers steff, they work the same as raps? so did you tie over the dumbell eyes on those flies or did they not have?

Comment

Working...
              X