Llandysul AA AGM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Llandysul AA AGM

A quick note to club members; the AGM is being held tonight (5th Dec) in the Porth Hotel, Llandysul. The AGM starts at 8PM. Hope to see a few of you there.

TT.

Hi Steff,

I was wondering when the AGM was going to take place. Looked through all my paper work earlier in the week from when I joined the club, and could not find the date. A shame but never mind. Did anything really important, or of particular interest come up for discussion?

Phil

Comment

Hi Phil,

to be honest I would have forgotten all about it if I wasn't reminded about a week or so before. It was mentioned in the letter from the secretary in the August Current Affairs.

Nothing earth shattering I'm afraid, just the usual stuff. Making particular note of the Rhydygalfe stretch that we lost for most of the season, and to the new stretch that we got onboard towards the end of the season.

However, one interesting statistic that I would like to make reference to, and one that I found extremely encouraging was the membership uptake by the youth and student age-group. In the 2008 season alone there were 92 junior season tickets issued, and another 7 student. I'm sure this partly reflects on the youth initiatives that operate throughout the summer months, so congrats to the organisers.

Steff.

Comment

Hi Steff,

That explains it if there was an August 'Current Affairs.' Mine must have gone astray as I definitely did not recieve it - never mind.

Great to hear that the youth initiatives are proving succesful|\. In recent years my brother and I have generally found ourselves about the youngest about. Not that reassuring for two guys in their early 30s . Definitely seems a shortage of kids fishing, and the club should be congratulated for trying to reduce what in the future could prove to be a disastrous trend.

Phil

Comment

Working...
        X