Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Alone?

Feels as if I've boarded the "Mary Celeste"
    No one posting a thing on here, has the site been deserted, is there anyone out there?
    Speak to me someone.
    At the moment I'm trying to sort out my next trip to B.C. as well as completing my catch returns for this year.

Cap

all alone

hi cap

i have the same feeling, though my catch return will be easy - 1 salmon 12lb, no sewin.

it would be nice if somebody local could let us know of any spawning activity, what the river is doing and general remarks

still, not long to go for the start of the season.

i am pike fishing on the avon for the winter, but i'll catch a darn sight more salmon than pike!

johnl

Comment

Sorry guys, haven't had much time to do anything on the forum of late, but will try to rectify in the near future.

I am looking at upgrading the server for the forum, as it's not as fast as I would like at the moment. We'll see what will become of that.

Further to that, I will add a new section in the near future covering grayling fishing, shooting etc. As there would be interest in that I'm sure.

Nothing much new here, doing a fair bit of shooting of late - stocking up with materials for next season!! Great to see the woodcock starting to show up in numbers, and with it building up to the full moon they should really show over the next few weeks.

Have done a bit of grayling fishing, nothing much as yet. Starting to plan the trip for next Feb/March down to Brazil, Argentina and Chile, but nothing concrete as yet.

I will also try and do some step-by-steps for flies in the near future, which will hopefully be of interest to those new to sea-trout fishing etc.

Best wishes,

Steff.

Comment

Phew! was getting worried there for a while, thought I was the only one left on the planet. :>
        T.T. I'm glad youre going to try and speed the system up a bit, it's been a pain getting to the threads at times.

Cap

Comment

Hi Cap and Steff,

I'm still out here, Steff answer your bl**dy pms.

Cap I've no problem filling in my returns ! BLANK !!!

I'm filling my time nicely with grayling in mid Wales, now here's a debatable thought Steff, rules and regulations won't allow it ?, a grayling day on the Teifi in mid winter, well you do need to catch one in Carmarthenshire don't you :>

Bill

Comment

Glad of the feedback Bill, at least some of us are not in hibernation, yet :>.
            Where are you targeting your grayling? If I have time would love a session, or two. I used to fish for them often up here around Lampeter when there was a reasonable stock in the river. They all but disapeard years ago when the powers that be decided to do some work on the river bed and try to eliveate bank erosion.

Cap

Comment

Not to worry.

Even someone from the 'other side of the Pond' is playing 'catch-up.' Waaaaay behind on following the board(s) as the price of petrol has dropped by 50% over the past three weeks (yes, fifty percent! Down from $4.25/gal to $2.22/gal).

Finally back at a place I can 'afford' to go fishing twice a week as opposed to twice a month!:#

Comment

Originally posted by fredaevans View Post
                Even someone from the 'other side of the Pond' is playing 'catch-up.' Waaaaay behind on following the board(s) as the price of petrol has dropped by 50% over the past three weeks (yes, fifty percent! Down from $4.25/gal to $2.22/gal).

Finally back at a place I can 'afford' to go fishing twice a week as opposed to twice a month!:#
                AND YOUR COMPLAINING
                I have a 4liter lump under the hood that likes the best octane and I get 16 miles to the gallon if I'm lucky, and at about US$10.00 per gal. rough estimate, was too frightened to work it out to the last cent
                Do me a favour, send some of yours over here in a few parcels, first class mind.
                Do you supose someone will find out? :> :> :> :>
                Cap

Comment

Hi Cap,

For the grayling I usually venture up to mid Wales on the Severn or around Builth.

I was planning a trip this Saturday if you fancy it, but I think the river may be too high

I'll let you know.

Bill

Comment

$10.00 a gallon!!??

At the current exchange rate a US gallon (and we're one of the more expensive places to buy the stuff) would be about 1.5 Pounds/gal.:?

Comment

Steff, how bloody slow is this server!

Indeed its all very quiet, I can hear inflation drop! Fred - not wise to mention gas prices to us in the UK not when we've been paying around £1.40 a litre!!

I wonder if we'll see any marked reduction in prices for fishing equipment over the coming months?

Still basking in the glow of a 13lb cock, I had in Scotland some weeks ago.

S

Comment

Steff, how bloody slow is this server!

I thought it was my computer Simon.

There are some real good deals out there if you look hard, neoprene waders £25.00 if they only last a season who cares? cheap as chips.|\

Remined me Simon, what fly did you catch that 13lbs salmon on?.:>

Comment

Originally posted by teififlies View Post

Remined me Simon, what fly did you catch that 13lbs salmon on?.:>
                          Some god awful looking thing, just as well my excellent casting managed to deliver it in a irresistible manner

Haven't forgotten wood!

All hail the park shrimp!

S

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
                            Some god awful looking thing, just as well my excellent casting managed to deliver it in a irresistible manner

S

Did you have some casting lessons then??

Comment

Originally posted by teififlies View Post
                              Did you have some casting lessons then??
                              Touche Mr Reeves!!

Actually I shortened the line, because I was using the multi-tip line and with the bigger flies and fast sink tips, there was a slight improvement in presentation.

Roll on spring!

S

Comment

Working...
                              X