Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what will I do over the winter months??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what will I do over the winter months??

Well, thats another fishing season been and gone. Another season of disapointment and broken promises!

I always promise to "do more fishing this year" but I didnt do it, again.
    Didnt fish on the river much at all, but done quite a bit on the reservoirs. didnt even conect with a sewin & didnt even fish the last week of the season.

So, its playing rugby and doing some DIY that will see me through the winter, oh and work for sure!!

Roll on March 2009.

Take care all.
    Born to fish........Forced to work!! :>

And maybe mess about on the computer, 'cause you're bored :> :> :> :> :> :> :>:>:>
    Cap

Comment

Originally posted by steelheadnut View Post
      And maybe mess about on the computer, 'cause you're bored :> :> :> :> :> :> :>:>:>
      Cap
      Oh aye, forgot about that one!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leighton View Post
        Oh aye, forgot about that one!!
        There is always the grayling ,i am really looking forward to the first outing this weekend .
        I will try to get a couple of days beating on a shoot in suffolk ,some gardening (well tidying) maybe a day trolley dragging on the Wandle ,spey casting practice on the thames and playing on th pooter as well
        Should keep me busy till opening week of the spey !|\

Comment

Well here we are again the season in Wales has closed for our silver friends and i hope that the fish are busy spawining.
          What are you all going to be doing over the winter? I hope to do a bit of rough shooting, some fly tying, with a winter trip after the rainbows this year. No more rugby i have definately retired and hope to help out with the first aid etc during a few home matches. However my biggest activity will be enjoying (all being well) the birth of child number 2 who is due on November the 12th. So i dont think i'll be doing as much shooting as i hope.....
          Cheers
          Aled

Comment

Good luck with that Aled. I'd like to tell you the second is easier but it just didn't work out that way for us (now 9 months)

Jobs for me over the winter:
            - re-apply for the angling associations I didn't get into last year (Llandeilo, Cross Hands and something good on the Cothi) and Llandysul AA.
            - rebuild my trail bike and get out on the blackmountain
            - finally get to see the red kite feeding station in Llangadog
            - visit the redds to see the spawning salmon and sewin
            - meet some local blokes for a beer and an attempt to kick start the social life in Llandeilo

Cheers
            Bri
            www.goldengrovecottages.com
            www.carmsriverstrust.org

Comment

FlyBri
              Let me know about meeting in Llandeilo, i live there. Secondly must try and get back out on the mountain bike. Got one of those kid seats so i can take my son out as well.
              Cheers
              Aled

Comment

Winter

October salmon fishing (still not got my first on the fly ::/ ) overlaps with the shooting but now I'm usually out 3 or 4 times each week locally either beating or gun in hand. Partridge and pheasant with shotgun and rabbit/foxes with rifle.

Foxing and rabbiting has a great affinity with sewin fishing... very technical; creeping about in the dark with a red lamp, fieldcraft to get in range, the 'taking point', and finally the raw material for a few flies as a by-product.

I also have a few logs to split, a couple of days on the grayling and also work out how I can do my sewin fishing better next season.

I should say I'm retired in case you wonder |\ ... and it's great ~:.

Ian McD

Comment

Baby arrived Friday morning, Awen 7lb 6ozs the catch of the season.:> Mother and baby doing well.
                  Pictures coming soon.
                  Cheers
                  Aled

Comment

Llongyfarchiadau i ti a'r wraig Aled.

Awen - your "muse".

I'll be back in Llandeilo from 22nd November, so maybe we can all meet up for a few jars and talk of angling times past and future.

Comment

Originally posted by Aled View Post
                      Baby arrived Friday morning, Awen 7lb 6ozs the catch of the season.:> Mother and baby doing well.
                      Pictures coming soon.
                      Cheers
                      Aled
                      Llongyfarchiadau, congrats,
                      That's not one to be returned then :> :> :>
                      Cap

Comment

Congrats Aled da iawn !!! :>:>:>

Newyddion Arbenig

PhilRich

Comment

Congratulations Aled.:> Sounds like your in for a busy close season!

Phil

Comment

Cheers guys, now need to find time to wet the babies head.
                            Diolch
                            Aled

Comment

Llongyfarchiadau Aled, the closed season will be a busy one for you!!

Cofion,

Leighton

Comment

Working...
                              X