Big Steelie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Steelie

Now that's a fish and a half, from one of my favourite rivers, and same pool I had my 22lb'er, but slightly heavier at 30lb ~:.
    No it's not quite bridge pool on the Teify :> :> :>, but the Upper Kalum, a trib of the Skeena over in B.C.
    Wish I was there now.

Cap
    Last edited by steelheadnut; 26-09-2008, 17:54. Reason: added more info

Waw,

Thats a fantastic fish, must have been some fight with a wild fish of that size!!

Do they get many fish that size then, or is it a one off?

Cofion,

Leighton
    Born to fish........Forced to work!! :>

Comment

Originally posted by Leighton View Post
      Waw,

Thats a fantastic fish, must have been some fight with a wild fish of that size!!

Do they get many fish that size then, or is it a one off?

Cofion,

Leighton
      Hi there Leighton,
      The Skeena system, IMHO, is probably the best system to go for, if you want a high pound average per fish, and the Kalum (Kitsumkalum) one of it's best tributaries to aim for, with a substantial gorge to navigate through you tend to get some really big Steelhead in this river.
      You'll have to come out there with me and try it :>.

Pob hwyl gyda'r pysgota sydd ar ol y tymor 'ma.
      Cap

Comment

Shwd mae Cap?

I would love to get out there and give it a go, its on my list of places to fish for sure!
        But then again, there are a few other places too!

What time of year do you go out there then?

Did you get the PM I sent you last week??

Hwyl,

Leighton
        Born to fish........Forced to work!! :>

Comment

Ah yes, my home territory back in my 'miss-spent' youth. You think fishing is good now, you should have been there in the late 40's-early -50's. My first experience with a greenheart 2-hander was at age 10 or 12.

By 5pm I was so tired I'd be curled up, asleep on the beach.::/ Forgot to add: a fish that big has spent at least 4 years 'in the salt.' Not to mention 'ate well' while he was at it.
          Last edited by fredaevans; 02-10-2008, 19:51.

Comment

Originally posted by fredaevans View Post
            Ah yes, my home territory back in my 'miss-spent' youth. You think fishing is good now, you should have been there in the late 40's-early -50's. My first experience with a greenheart 2-hander was at age 10 or 12.

By 5pm I was so tired I'd be curled up, asleep on the beach.::/ Forgot to add: a fish that big has spent at least 4 years 'in the salt.' Not to mention 'ate well' while he was at it.
            Hi Fred,
            Not wishing my life away but would've liked to have been fishing for them all those years ago, with less pressure on the fisheries and no politics either, dictating this, that or the other.
            I still think the fishing is great, maybe not the quantity of fish, but the quality of the fishing is good. It's great fishing rivers and streams with not a soul around, I'm not into crowds and (combat fishing).
            Not many of the fishermen I've come accross care to hike into a stream or river for (what is for me) some memorable fishing. You can have all the fishing where you're pulling fish in just about every cast (pinks especialy)
            I'd rather have the one Steelhead well into double figures, that I've had to work for.
            Quality not quantity
            All this rambling on, I need a fix of a leviathon from the depths to take hold of my offerings, maybe tommorow, who knows, but one things for sure, if I'm still breathing next year, I'll be back out there in B.C.again chasing those elusive Steelhead.
            Can't wait.
            Cap
            Last edited by steelheadnut; 03-10-2008, 19:27.

Comment

Working...
            X