Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Ban on Worming

Hi all,

Over the last couple of weeks I have spoken to a few anglers who have heard they may be a ban on the use of the worm next season. I havent heard anything definate but the word on the grapevine is that might happen next season.

My first thought was why ? and then, what will they think of next ? I have seen salmon and seatrout caught on the fly and spinner very deeply hooked and have therefore been dispatched. So why ban the worm? Will there be there be a ban on the use of treble hooks?

I would be interested to hear you thoughts on the subject guys and if anyone has heard anything about this.

My personal view is , there is an art to all form of angling , the guys who are experts at spinning and worming havent just got these skills from pure luck or chuck and chance. It comes down to water sense and years of reading their local rivers and knowing what lies will fish at what height. I enjoy all three methods with Fly and worm being the two methods I use the most over a season.

Regards,

PhilRich

Hi Phil, Would this be a national ban(Wales and England) imposed by the E.A. as there is on the Wye? or a local ban imposed by clubs? Have not heard anything down on the lower Teifi.

Comment

From what I`ve gathered this may be a local ban. But I`m unsure. I will try and get some further info over the coming weeks.

Comment

I think PhilR makes some great points. I also think it would be a great shame to bring in restrictions on worming. To my mind there are quite enough regulations as things stand on most rivers. Personally I enjoy spinning, fly and worming throughout the season. Anglers who purely limit themselves to just fly fishing miss out on some great fun imo. One of the great things about the Teifi, and west wales in general, is that there is room for everyone and all methods on the river bank. As far as I am concerned the variety of methods you can use really makes the fishing much more exciting.

Phil

Comment

Working...
        X