Salmon Fly Advice Wanted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salmon Fly Advice Wanted

Hi just looking for peoples opinion on wether or not micro tube flies and the hitched fly works well on salmon in wales, particularly teifi and towy, and what are the conditions of water and times of year best fished etc, thanks in advance

Been wondering the same thing myself actually as it's a killer tactic on the river Dart in Devon from June onwards,Teifi is a bigger river but has just the best looking fly water you ever saw.
    Witnessed a bloke five years ago in Sep on a prolific corner pool on TTA water at Newcastle Emlyn,he moved a good few salmon but failed to hook up,I'm sure it will work.

Comment

Haven't tried either much but did catch a grilse in 2014 on a green machine that was waking just under the surface. The fish missed the fly the first time and took the second time around. Strictly speaking not a hitched fly but the action was similar and I think a small hitched fly could have produced the same result. This was in June.

Comment

Thanks for your replies, im going to try them out this year in the summer season after a small rise maybe

Comment

Working...
        X