Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head torch with red light

Hi

Please can anyone recommend a good head torch with a red light?

Thanks
    dB

I've got the petzl tactikka+ (available on eBay from around £35), and have been very happy with it (especially the red light). It's light to wear, and has a very effective boost mode (160 lumen over 60m), which is handy for the walk back to the car at the end of the session. I've got a cheaper petzl with a flip down red visor, which I use as my back-up torch.

Comment

Petzl is the only torch I've ever used but thinking about it I've never used the red torch on it,must give it a try sometime,I'll be going down to Teifi near Henlan in June sometime?

Comment

Iv also got the flip down red flap petzel great lamp batteries last ages in them, but their are cheaper torches out their that are just as good with the red lamp great for changing flies and still keeps your night vision|\
        theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

Petzel's make excellent head torches, however, before buying check out a website by Alpkit.com They do all sorts of outdoor gear I can vouch for their Gamma head torch which has a red light and at £17 with free postage is a good buy.

Comment

I have become a little bit disappointed with the quality of Petzl headlights of late. As an alternative you might want to have a quick butchers on the PANTHER VISION Website. They can prove to be a little bit expensive but the quality is excellent.
            www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I will be having a look through all the recommendations and I'll let you know what I go for.

Cheers
              dB

Comment

I bought one of these for this season, and seems very good!
                Had an energizer last season, but didn`t like the fact you had to go through 5 different modes to get to the red light!
                The Korum allows you to just leave it on red!
                http://www.tedcarter.co.uk/korum/korum-xpert-head-torch

Comment

Working...
                X