Kerry seatrout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerry seatrout

Im of to kerry the last week in july and the first week in august can anyone spread some love on river,s and saltwater tactics contacts and the best time of the year etc thanks in advance

not one answer sure is dead on here

Comment

Night time is always the best bet on seatrout, small traditional flies in the day, and moving up in size after dark, i wouldnt fish a stretch by day if planning on fishing at night, i couldnt advise on particular flies as i dont know the river, local advice is always best

Comment

Late july there should be plenty of sea trout in the rivers but i dont have a clue on when the runs occur on the kerry

Comment

Hi SC,

I have not fished around there, but have fished estuaries nearby. When spinning they tend to use sandeel imitations; something like an abu krill would do just fine.

On the fly front; a rogans gadget is a must and they were doing really well on a gosling! Random, but they worked - perhaps shrimp in appearance?

Almost certain the Danish flies would work well; try the magnus, for example.

Tight lines and let us know how you get on.

TT.

Comment

Brandon bay and owenmore river and lakes, great fishing in the estuary for seatrout and bass. Also night fishing on the river and boat fishing on its lakes.
            Lower river maine, mid and upper feale, lower roughty and of course the currane system. Ive had seatrout on all of them, water conditions are your biggest concern!
            Currane will not be cheap, especially if your fishing alone, and the butlers pool at the mouth of the lake even more so!

Comment

thanks for all the replies lad,s im looking forward to it need a change from the welsh dee and the conway got a bit stale

Comment

kerry seatrout

well im on my way in less than four weeks looking forward to it just hope i can afford it lol anymore help you can give me ie guides things i nned would be great tight lines guys

Comment

Working...
                X