Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea trout rod for middle Towy

Hi all,

I would like to invest in a good quality, new technology sea-trout rod for the middle Towy.

Any strong recommendations from personal experience?

Thanks.

I have a Guideline LPXe 10ft 7 weight in 4 pieces. I bought it as a stop gap while waiting for my 'go to' rod to arrive from America. I have only used the Guideline on 3 occasions. I want £275.00 for it. If you are interested then please pm me and I will send pictures if you want some.
    www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by laffingravy View Post
      I have a Guideline LPXe 10ft 7 weight in 4 pieces. I bought it as a stop gap while waiting for my 'go to' rod to arrive from America. I have only used the Guideline on 3 occasions. I want £275.00 for it. If you are interested then please pm me and I will send pictures if you want some.
      may i ask what your go to rod is my freind

Comment

Sewin rod for middle Towy

Any further suggestions for a good sewin rod for middle Towy?

Thanks.

Comment

the best rod is the one you feel most confident using. I use a 10ft 7weight. which I have been using since 1995!
          Tight Lines
          Aled

Comment

Sage one or sage method switch rod, amazing rods

Comment

scott e3 for me everytime

Comment

I would avoid becoming confused into thinking that Spey casting is purely the domain of the double handed or switch rod only. The ability to Spey cast is determined by your choice of line. This is further refined by your rod and line combination. Single handed rods Spey cast equally and sometimes even better than some double handed rods. For the purpose of Spey casting in darkness if this is your requirement due to environmental restrictions due to limited space behind you the Barrio SLX line or Rio Short Outbound are excellent for this purpose. In my own opinion however the Barrio is a far better option for casting overhead. It is available from 3 thru to 8 weight and only costs about thirty six quid. This makes it approximately half the price of the Rio. They offer excellent versatility as the head lengths are only about 28ft. This allows you to form your D or V loop with only 15ft of clearance behind you.
                www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

wat is your go to rod pls

Comment

Originally posted by laffingravy View Post
                    I would avoid becoming confused into thinking that Spey casting is purely the domain of the double handed or switch rod only. The ability to Spey cast is determined by your choice of line. This is further refined by your rod and line combination. Single handed rods Spey cast equally and sometimes even better than some double handed rods. For the purpose of Spey casting in darkness if this is your requirement due to environmental restrictions due to limited space behind you the Barrio SLX line or Rio Short Outbound are excellent for this purpose. In my own opinion however the Barrio is a far better option for casting overhead. It is available from 3 thru to 8 weight and only costs about thirty six quid. This makes it approximately half the price of the Rio. They offer excellent versatility as the head lengths are only about 28ft. This allows you to form your D or V loop with only 15ft of clearance behind you.

For the purpose of clarity I posted this reply last night in response to a posting from Mr or Mrs Heron regarding single and double Spey casts. That post has now been removed which makes the above reply appear a little bit out of place {;
                    www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X