Double Spey Single Handed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Spey Single Handed

I posted a short clip earlier demonstrating some on and off shoulder single Spey casts. Obviously in a downstream wind these should never ever be contemplated as they can prove to be dangerous. Snake rolls can be effectively used which can be seen in my other clip. They do however need to be accurately timed or they will fail. The double Spey however as with all waterborne anchor casts are far for forgiving. If your timing is bad which mine is or you are bone idle which I am then the double Spey can be just what you are looking for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLir...ature=youtu.be

The trick with all waterborne anchors and the reason that a lot of anglers make excessive noise with the cast and with other waterborne anchor casts such as the Snap T and Circle Cast is failing to lift the rod which unsticks line just before making the sweep. If the rod is lifted then on the sweep the line should effectively just peel from the water with minimum disturbance. On the first Double Spey that I deliver I deliberately make a shallow placement to demonstrate to my clients the difficulties that can be encountered by not having enough line in to push into the D loop. This was an issue that one of my party suggested that he frequently encountered. On the other 2 casts stronger emphasis is placed on pushing lots of line upstream.
    Last edited by laffingravy; 10-09-2015, 11:02.
    www.silversalmon.co.uk
Working...
X