Teal, blue and silver variant tube

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teal, blue and silver variant tube

I was tying up a few tube flies earlier, and experimented with tying up a teal, blue and silver variant:

Tube: aluminium, 1 1/4"
    Body: mylar
    Underwing: (i) white bucktail, (ii) white arctic fox, (iii) krystal flash (herring back); (iv) teal
    Overwing: (i) blue arctic fox (tied doubled-back), (ii) peacock sword feathers
    Cheek: JC nails

I like the look of this, but just know when I'm on the bank that I'll default to a standard black and silver tube!

By the way, I left my 6 year old at the vice for 15 mins and he tied this.

He was tying a Daioni from TT's step-by-step video yesterday and made a good job of that too. It's never too early to get them tying. :>

Six years old and tying like that happy days. I would give that a swim for sure what size hook is that on?

Mintylad

Comment

Originally posted by mintylad View Post
      Six years old and tying like that happy days. I would give that a swim for sure what size hook is that on?

Mintylad
      I think he'd picked up a size 8, and was tying with some arctic fox, peacock sword and a blue schlappen hackle. If he keeps learning at this rate he'll be entering next year's fly swap.
      Last edited by silverstoat; 27-07-2015, 20:26.

Comment

Originally posted by silverstoat View Post
        I think he'd picked up a size 8, and was tying with some arctic fox, peacock sword and a blue schlappen hackle. If he keeps learning at this rate he'll be entering next year's fly swap.
        If he's going to be in the fly swop then I think the theme should be "intruder flies":>

Mintylad.

On a serious note though we could do something along the lines of getting some flies in to the hands of the younger ones to help them along a bit. I don't know how everyone else feels about that? Some feedback on the matter would be good so maybe we could set something up

Mintylad

Comment

Working...
        X