River Nevern anyone fished it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• River Nevern anyone fished it?

Whilst down there we went to Newport for the day and so on way back I couldn't help have a look at the river at Nevern.what I found looked most excellent and there were good numbers of fish stacked up in a pool across from the Pub and below the bridge,some real good ones too.
    Being a more intimate river it's the kind of place I like to fish as locating em shouldn't be a problem,has anybody fished it on here as over not seen any reports on here about the place.
    There's a caravan site a mile down stream on a manor house lands,I've got two weeks in sep so thinking maybe of a week on Teifi and a week on Nevern,is Sep still worth fishing for sewin down there?on the Dwyfor they get huge runs of fresh school fish with the odd good en.

I havnt fished it for 5 years, so i cant give a recent account, it did used to have a big run of small sewin in september, and given water the main run of salmon.
    Be aware that at the caravan park, the guys who fish there wiill b on their deck chairs, worming the two main pools, morning noon and night!
    Ps the bit by the pub is free and can fish realy well if your stealthy.

Comment

Originally posted by jj1 View Post
      I havnt fished it for 5 years, so i cant give a recent account, it did used to have a big run of small sewin in september, and given water the main run of salmon.
      Be aware that at the caravan park, the guys who fish there wiill b on their deck chairs, worming the two main pools, morning noon and night!
      Ps the bit by the pub is free and can fish realy well if your stealthy.
      Thanks very much,I'd leave the wormers to their pools,I've seen em all at Cenarth and it reminds me of canal fishing or match fishing,I'm surprised the pool at the pub is free,looked real nice,thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
      X