Loop to loop connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loop to loop connection

Hi I have my leader connected to my fly line with the two loops only thing is it sticks when I try to wind in on the top ring .

Take a picture of how you have the loops joined and stick it up on the board and we can take a look at it for you.
    www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

DSC_0031[1].jpg The leader is a sinking line.

Comment

The image looks like the loops have not been linked together in the correct way. Put the loop of the fly line through the loop in the sinking leader (sink tip). Push the sinking leader loop a few centimetres up the fly line. Then pass the end of the sinking leader through the loop in the fly line. Pull together gently to seat the loop to loop connection.

Take a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck6ZzdhJKYY for video of how to do it.

Comment

Going loopy

Hi Wilkie

A great source of many knots and loops is videofishingknots.com which will be a useful source to learn and reference.|\

cheers

Tomtom.

Comment

With all due respect the picture resolution appears so weak that it is quite difficult to see how you have linked the loops together. Let us then work on a few possibilities. If the loops are not cinched together correctly then you may of course end up with a bigger join than is desirable which will of course cause the loop to foul the tip ring. It may also damage the end of your flyline. Have a look at the Youtube clip suggested by Cromarty to see if this is the case. It may be that the loop on the end of your polyleader is so big that the loop on the end of your flyline doubles back on itself. I see this quit a lot when people use Airflo polyleaders. If this is in fact the case then you do have options. You can change the length of your tippet so that when bringing a fish to the net or your hand the loop is clear of the tip ring. You can cut the loop from the polyleader and hot weld a smaller one. You can fit a braided loop and whip the loop to the end of the poly leader with tying thread in a couple of places. This makes for a very skinny join and should help eradicate any further problems. You may also elect for a different manufacturer of polyleader with a smaller loop.
            www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Tried the loop to loop instruction in the video its definitely an over sized loop on the polyleader,will cut off and put a braided loop on so both loops are the same diameter for a narrower result.regards Martin.|\

Comment

Working...
              X