Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minimum size?

Evening all.

In these days of self inposed upper size limits I am just curious to hear peoples views on what would be considered as a fish that was to small for the table.

Answers to the usual address if you please. :-)

I think 12" 3/4lb would be an acceptable lower end, and 3lb the upper end, taking a few sewin a season in this size range is more than enough for most anglers.
    As many rivers have an autumn sewin smolt run, staying above 12" would safeguard these fish as they are nearly indistinguishable from small schoolies.
    Last edited by jj1; 17-06-2015, 09:51.

Comment

Yup, agree with JJ. Lower 12 inches, upper 18-20 inches. However, a fish around 14-15 inches would be a perfect eating fish I think.

TT.

Comment

Thanks for the replies gents I had a funny look the other day when I took a fish of a pound home and was questioned why I was bothering with a small fish and that I would be better waiting for a "good un". Now I believe a fish should be cooked on the bone and it just doesn't seem nice to be chopping up a "good un" in to portions. I am not in the business of killing all small fish but I would imagine it less damaging to stocks to take the odd small one than a "good un". They can go back to carry on their journey.

Mintylad

Comment

Working...
        X