Through Action rod advice?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Through Action rod advice?????

Advice from experienced and tackle savvy members please.

Having returned to Sea Trouting after 30+ years of absence Im finding my old 9.5' fast action rod too quick for me.

On smaller streams Ive been fishing for Brownies with a Sage #5 ZXL which is an absolute dream but I really dont want to risk such a beautiful rod on a bigger river that has a fair run of mid double sized Salmon and ST.

I have tried an old 10' B&W Falcus Hexagraph but its seems such a heavy beast after using my ZXL.

Im also thinking/planning to replace my old 3.5" Perfect with a modern lightweight reel like a Vision Koma.

Maximum cast is around 20yards, some pools have limits on backcasting but wading is an option.

I would go to a fishing shop and try some out to find the one that suits you, your lines and your budget.

Comment

Yes, would have to agree with Grunt's comment - always try before you buy. Also, I would perhaps go middle to tip, rather than through action, as you still need a bit of 'metal' in the lower section for the larger fish and flies, but then the softer tip to middle for the roll casts etc.

These are superb rods, especially for the current price:

http://www.fishtec.co.uk/buy.cfm/fly...ds/40/no/44114

TT.

Comment

Working...
      X