funny looking klinkhammer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funny looking klinkhammer

Well I sat down last night with every intention of trying to tie up a few klinks but got side tracked when I came across the orange mallard and ended up with a few of these instead. Not sure if I prefer the black or the grizzle hackle. Thoughts please gents it's been a while since I've posted a fly on here so be gentle.

Mintylad. ;-)
    Attached Files

Hi mintylad

Nicely tied fly my friend-it will be perfect when you compress the barb.(the biggest decision to make) It looks as if it may well hook a good'un, hope you do and have a successful foray on the day. Both will no doubt do the trick.

well done my boy

Tom(tom):@
    Last edited by Thom; 01-05-2015, 19:17. Reason: additional txt.

Comment

I appreciate your feedback Thom. I don't de barb my hooks at the point of tying as from time to time I have been known to give flies to fellow anglers and although I support c&r I don't think I have the right to impose my ethics on to anyone else. To part with a fly and then for it to work only to be questioned about the lack of a barb which might of been the difference between a man landing his only fish of the season. That is something I don't want to be responsible for. I appreciate some might look at these comments dimly but we can all make informed decisions based on our own belief's.

Mintylad.

Comment

Both look good to me, esp the first one (I'm a sucker for a bit of flash :>)

Comment

Working...
        X