Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingers......

Just after some advice please.....

Can someone please explain (or demonstrate!?) how to attach the treble/double for a stinger type fly. Secret Weapon etc.

Do you superglue it to the main hook? Thread the line through the eyes of the lead hook? etc

I've never tied one, and am a bit stumped, and the last thing I want is to hook the fish of a lifetime and then see the treble/double come flying off!!!! :}

Thanks in advance

Chuck
    Dal y slac yn dyn!

sewinangler(alun) has his own website if i remember correctly, with demonstrations of all types of mounts, think if you type in "sewin fishing" on google the link to the website comes up...

ATb

Rhys
    My Fly fishing Blog!!

http://www.pursuingsilver.co.uk/

Comment

I'll do one better for you Chuck, when I get a chance I'll post a step-by-step of how to tie a jambo. The mount will be the same for the jambo, stringer etc. I will try and get it posted over the next few days.

TT.

Comment

Cool - That means I don't have to do one.|\

Comment

Cheers guy's for the assistance.

Bendith TT, much appreciated - the 'Pentrecwrt Prowler' has been pinching my flies again, and the box is nearing being empty!:: lol

Chuck
          Dal y slac yn dyn!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post

Bendith TT, much appreciated - the 'Pentrecwrt Prowler' has been pinching my flies again, and the box is nearing being empty!:: lol

Chuck
            He's a pain in the arse!!! If only he had attended those 'free' fly-tying lessons throughout the winter months, he'd be able to supply us by now Chuck!! But no, there was more important things like Sunday league football! ::/ Don't worry Chuck, we'll get our revenge one day and our boxes will be brimming!

TT. :>

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post

Chuck
              Not you aswell chuck,phil mwydyn has got more front than a sherman tank~#.I'm still waiting for the few beers he owes me for pilfering a bunch from my box the other day.It must be a man utd thing::/Never mind i'm adding on 1 pint of interest a week:#:#

SG

Comment

Working...
              X