The Dressing

Hook: Kamasan B270 Heavy Duty Trout Double size 6
    Thread: Black
    Tag: Glo Brite Floss No 10 arc yellow
    Rear body: Medium gold tinsel
    Front body: Black floss
    Rib: Fine silver wire
    Throat: Black dyed hen saddle
    Wing: Black dyed fox squirrel overlaid with 5 or 6 peacock swords overlaid with horns of fine pearl tinsel
    www.silversalmon.co.uk

Nicely tied; a good spring fly for our silvery prey. Well done-are you interested in buying a few? Seriously: nice tying.

Tom.|\

Comment

Am I interested in buying a few? The answer depends on whether I am paying for them in cash money or dog biscuits

Thanks for the compliment. The fly is a really good pattern in falling water after a spate in daylight. It also works well in the hours of darkness fished on the point with an American Express above it.
      www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

Lovely fly LG. Looks a great daytime fly in peaty water.

TT.

Comment

Originally posted by laffingravy View Post
          Am I interested in buying a few? The answer depends on whether I am paying for them in cash money or dog biscuits

Thanks for the compliment. The fly is a really good pattern in falling water after a spate in daylight. It also works well in the hours of darkness fished on the point with an American Express above it.
          Last time i tried to use American express in the dark i almost got mugged-but i got away with it. I've only ever used one fly for sewin. I can't get to my fly tying stuff at the mo so i am struggling to post a pic of my braided mono setup but, when i can, i will.

thanks

Tom.|\
          Last edited by Thom; 07-03-2015, 06:43.

Comment

Working...
          X