CLA gamefair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLA gamefair

Anyone going to be there? Hope some of you can make it. I'll be on the 'Fishing-Wales' stand and will be doing some demonstrations etc. in the 'house of fishing', so please do pop in to say hello if you're around.

TT.

Not this year TT but went to Blenheim a few years back - cracking venue & day out. CLA is a super game fair.

Weather looking good for the weekend for you.|\ Take your factor 15!!!

Chuck
    Dal y slac yn dyn!

Comment

Alas my unusual skin condition prevents me from meeting the public. No matter. Sir Edward Dachshund will man the Dark Headlamp stall, I shall pass the days of the Game fair beneath the hallowed turf of Blenheim in my lead lined chamber.

Several cases of a neurological nature have arisen amongst users of the lamp to date, easily overlooked in Llandysul perhaps but a cause for some concern in the wider world. Should you begin to experience the vivid perturbations in the fields of matter and energy comprising the known universe, illustrated above, Sir Edward will be at hand to perform a simple series of incisions stabilising equilibrium through autonomic element functionality.
      Last edited by de Selby; 25-07-2008, 02:40.

Comment

Great 4 posts you've contributed to the forum de Selby! {;

TT.

Comment

See you there... I've got a bit part with the gundogs on Sat and Sun... |\
          ... the dummy ~#

Ian McD

Comment

Beware the Bloke tent ,he has a well stocked fridge I am told !
            I will test this on sunday !

Comment

Nice casting Steff with the salmon rod, at the fair.

sewinfly..........

Comment

Originally posted by sewinfly View Post
                Nice casting Steff with the salmon rod, at the fair.

sewinfly..........

Are you taking the piss?! :> Sorry that I didn't see you Spence, would have been good to catch up.

I'm lucky enough to be travelling to the Ponoi next month on the Kola Peninsula, so drastically needed some tips! With the river being up to 200 metres wide in places I think my single hander could be a little under-gunned! :>

Not sure what everyone else made of the fair to be honest, but I really enjoyed it. It was fantastic to meet up with some of the young spey casters currently on the scene; namely Ryan and Blair. Now that's proper casting!! To be fair, they were awesome!! I think Ryan, at 16 years old, actually got second in the spey casting competition this year, with Blair, at 17, getting joint 3rd!!!! :} Very down to earth lads too, long may their success continue.

TT.

Comment

|\ (:, A good experience and well worth visiting... even if I was 'on duty' at the 'International' competition with the gundogs for a fair'ish proportion of the time. I was really impressed how the gundogs performed, both physically and with their noses, in hot no breeze very poor scent conditions. I got quite blasé about their performances after watching the gundogs for 2 days at very close quarters and then got back home to reality ... my wildly enthusiastic springer ~#

I did get around to the fishing village and shopping (and seeing TT all bleary eyed looking for his breakfast ), there were some very good bargains to be had by negotiating for the 'best price'.

Sorry I missed you SewinFly...

TL's
                  Ian

Comment

Steff you were up to your knees in water, while I was sitting on the bank watching with my wife, looked pretty good to me as I am not that clever with a double hander
                    Had a few casts with simon the snowbee rep that was pretty good.

Ian I went at the last moment if I knew you were there I would of called over.Hows the fishing so far???
                    Let me know when you are on the Taff we will have a pint in Fagins.
                    All the best,

sewinfly...............

Comment

Working...
                    X