What are they doing to our fishing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are they doing to our fishing?

Hi all,Many rumors circulating regarding the T.T.A. selling assets and dropping some fishing rentals. Anybody know anything? We've lost most of our salmon, please don't let us loose some of our best fishing as well. I am also a T.T.A. Member and if this is true I might not rejoin.

Many views to my post but unfortunately no answers. However I've done some more research and indeed we have lost fishing rentals. I suspect T.T.A. Members viewing this excellent forum might be hesitant in speaking their mind. If only we as T.T.A. members could be informed as to what is going on, with copies of committee meetings and contact numbers, names, who our bailiffs are, so on and so forth. When you look at the T.T.A. website there is very little imformation to help us members, indeed when you read our conservation strategy it is quite frightening.T.T.A. committee advocate certain measures such as c&r where they remind us of good c&r practices such as,return coloured fish,return hens,fish barbless,keep fish in water,wet hands when handling and handle fish as little as possible. Unfortunately the T.T.A. Committee are made up of individuals that fish in a beat who practice the total opposite. Please practice what you preach.

Comment

Thanks for your original post BC110. I've heard the rumours also but no details or facts whatsoever. The new committee should be given time to appraise us of any major changes prior to the season starting. If none are forthcoming there's plenty of other things to do with the membership fee.

Comment

Working...
      X