Time to re-equip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to re-equip

My 2014 season has been a total wash out, Due to a break in and loosing all my gear plus TV's etc.

Had a right argument with insurance, replaced the electricals and repairs paid for with out a problem. But when I claimed for my tackle it was a different matter, my insurance of offered a sum for sage xp's (3) as they no longer produced I was offered £80 for all three and a total of £300 for the rest reels net etc.

Not bought a rod for years and looking for a good mid range 10' 7# or maybe a 8# rod.

Whats available

You can get a 10ft Vision Catapult 7 weight for a hundred and fifty quid. Older models but they can still cut it. You have a huge choice of discounted reels as at this time of year nobody is buying much fishing tackle and the retailer will snatch your arm off for the chance of selling something. As regards lines, Barrio fly lines are about thirty five quid. The SLX is an excellent single handed shooting head. If you want to go a little more upmarket then the Rio Outbound single handed line is a fairly decent option. The whole set up whichever way you elect to go would give you plenty of change out of the £300.00 that your insurance company have offered you. For what it's worth I think that offering you £80.00 for 3 XP's is somebodies idea of a wind up. I really don't like insurance companies since they seem to feel that they can stick the boot into your lower abdomen just when you are at a low point in life and you need help
    www.silversalmon.co.uk

Comment

I have owned a Grey's gs 2 7wt for some time now and you can pick on up at 60 quid these days as for lines there's a good full intermediate line on fishtec for discounted price of 12quid it's the scierra loading zone lines I've got a couple of them which I bought for 40 quid going back 7 years and is still going strong ideal for getting you started again and not even a third of what you have to spend. As for reels the guideline reelmaster is a good piece of kit around 90quid all ull need
      theres no room at the inn... our country is full

Comment

There are very few bad rods around nowadays and some bargains can be found when searching secondhand rods. I do, however, recommend trying before buying, to find something that suits you. Try to avoid anything too fast.

TT.

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi-Terrorist View Post
          There are very few bad rods around nowadays and some bargains can be found when searching secondhand rods. I do, however, recommend trying before buying, to find something that suits you. Try to avoid anything too fast.

TT.
          My big problem is trying to find a rod that's more mid to tip, as most of the tackle shops in my area stock tip actioned rods and that because most anglers fish small still waters and demand fast actioned rods because that's what they see in the angling press being used. Thought about the internet but can't try.

Never been a fan of fast actioned rods, lot of friends who fish still waters have bought these rods and within a month have gone back to there softer actioned rods.

Comment

Working...
          X