Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studs for waders

hi
    i dont know if this is possible but can u put studs into the neoprene boots because my breathables are leaking again 3rd pair in a year
    i wore my neoprenes the other night and nearly broke my neck about 10 times on them
    any info greatly appreciated
    zulu

Hi zulu
    If you look on the fishtec web site or the catalogue they sell screw in studs with the tool to put them in, the thread on them is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch long so as long as you have enough depth on the sole of your waders you be ok. i've always put them into the soles on my wading boots and have never had any trouble with them coming through. Make sure you leave the head showing because if you screw them in to far they don't work very well.

Comment

Rather than go 'retro studs,' look at these.

http://www.fishusa.com/tackleshop/ca...BC29C4AAA&fx=1

or

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00030AEI0?...0&linkCode=asn

or google, you'll get lots of hits.

$50.00 USD and the cheapest life insurance you can buy. Bottom are a series of soft alum. bars that will grip onto ANYTHING!.~:. The boots (as noted in the Amazon add) tend to run on the small side so if (you'll have to convert your boot size into "American") get at least the next size up. Example: if you ware the equivalent of a size 11 US 'wading boot' jump to the 13-14 (think I got those number right). Trust me, they won't fall off and will take heavy use for years.

Took me almost 5 years to grind mine down to the point where I had to replace my first set. Ah, one other observation, given the bars are soft alum., you wait till you get stream side before you put them on to save ware and tare. Bye the bye, if it isn't obvious looking at the links, the Stream Cleats go over your regular wading boots.

fae
      Last edited by fredaevans; 21-07-2008, 04:10.

Comment

Working...
      X