This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The idiots are attempting to take over the asylum

Well, yesterday I received the proposals that are to be put before the membership of the TTA at their AGM. later this week.
    To say that I am appalled is an understatement.
    A few idiots want to get rid of the committee.
    They want to get rid of all the conservation measures introduced this season to protect fish stocks.
    They don't want any guiding services for visiting anglers. The list goes on and on.
    What a bunch of narrow minded, short sighted, greedy fishmongers they are.
    Hardly surprising that the person proposing that the conservation measures be revoked is a Coracle nets-man!!

So, all you level headed conservation minded anglers of the TTA get yourselves
    along to the AGM on Friday evening and vote these fishmongers proposals out!!

Steff, please feel free to move this thread if you think it appropriate.

It will be one step closer to compulsory catch and release if they get their way,very short sighted.

Comment

Originally posted by groundhogday View Post
      Well, yesterday I received the proposals that are to be put before the membership of the TTA at their AGM. later this week.
      They want to get rid of all the conservation measures introduced this season to protect fish stocks.
      They don't want any guiding services for visiting anglers. The list goes on and on.
      Hardly surprising that the person proposing that the conservation measures be revoked is a Coracle nets-man!!

I think it's an utter disgrace that ANY member should bring such proposals to the table with the possibility of CC&R being talked about or even a complete shutdown of the fishing throughout the whole catchment could become a reality.
      As for guiding services,well my view is we need them. This, and it can be said about any other river system in Wales is extremely reliant on the visiting anglers and their families who spend money in the area and use the local hotels,b&b etc. & some need the help of local guides. If you can put them in a position to hopefully contact fish then they will return time after time, which is a major plus for the area and the clubs, Associations and all the private beats.
      The only reason I can see for whoever is pushing for these changes is for PERSONAL GAIN and that goes against the existing rules of the club.
      If this person you mention thinks anything about the club then why does he not relinquish his hold on the netting he does and allow those fish to run the river.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by groundhogday View Post

Hi GHD,

I will move this to a more open section of the forum, so that it gets a wider audience - quite simply because that is exactly what it deserves.

I am certain that the vast majority of club members feel the same way as you, so they need to know about this and attend the AGM to stop such things from taking place. If they don't then they cannot say that they did not have an opportunity to control the future of the club and then there's no point moaning about it in future seasons. This is for the general wellbeing of the river as a whole; as important if not more so than a fishing trip, so hopefully they will give their time and attend.

Guiding; I know the guide team on the TTA very well. They are great guys, extremely professional and provide a vital service. Joining a club with so much water can be overwhelming and many will soon drop out because of limited success - more often than not because they did not know where to go or what to do. The guides help bridge this gap and also help introduce anglers to general etiquette of clubs etc. Also, the amount of revenue they gain for the club each season should not be overlooked, especially with a declining membership on the whole.

I really cannot believe that the coracle licence holder in question still has so much say. What a complete and utter joke. His means of employment is to harvest our river! Then to be given such a strong say and bully his comments through on a fishing club level is just crazy. However, the most crazy thing about this is that people won't attend the AGM to stand up and vote against such people. You hold the future of your club in your hands, so be there and be counted. Don't be intimidated.

The committee will never get thanks - people think it's a great job, that the committee gets paid, that they get special privileges etc. I can assure you that none of this is true! We do it because we care about our clubs and our water. Most of the time it is a lot more trouble than it's worth. Support and stand by your committee - they are doing what's best for you and for the river. Without such measures our river will continue to die and what has been introduced is only in-line with what's happening with other clubs in the area. Want to kill every fish you catch? Go and fish a stocked lake/reservoir, the Teifi has no place for you.

I hope it works out for you guys and you have positive outcomes to report back on. If not, sad times, and you need to vote with your feet - after all, there are other clubs operating in the same area.

TT.

Comment

This is the first time I have posted on the forum but I must comment on this thread I for one will be at the AGM and endorse every thing that has been said

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi Trout View Post
            This is the first time I have posted on the forum but I must comment on this thread I for one will be at the AGM and endorse every thing that has been said
            Well done Teifi-Trout and I sincerely hope more will follow your example. |\

TT.

Comment

Thanks for GHD for bringing the issue to a wider audience and thanks to TT for giving it forum space and support.

I would urge as many TTA members to make every effort to attend the meeting at coracles on Friday. This could well be a defining moment not only within the TTA but the river Teifi as a whole!

Teifilies.

Comment

Good luck boys

I had hoped to be there tonight, work got in the way, but will be arriving Sat. for a week on the river.....
                I think the only way forward is to hammer the postal vote idea; yes I know it's been tried, but it's the only way. Dare I say that we 'foreigners' tend to be more aware of the need for conservation. Perhaps it's because we don't have any fish left in our rivers??
                The committee must be applauded for putting up with all this sh*t, (and those who don't like the way they run things could always stand; no?), I for one prefer to spend my time fishing, not whining!
                And if you see me on/in the river this week coming I'm happy to chat. It's what being a club member is all about and I don't care if you're a pro or an anti; I like a good argument either way...................

Comment

Well just to let you all know the Teifi Trout Association now has a new committee!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teifi Trout View Post
                    Well just to let you all know the Teifi Trout Association now has a new committee!!!!!!
                    How very, very sad

Assume then it was a majority vote? What about the other matters that were proposed? Assume it makes little difference as they will now be able to get their own way on such matters in the future anyway...

What was the turnout like?

TT

Comment

That may be the straw the breaks the camels back re compulsory cnr from the nrw.

Comment

Indeed, Some of the TTA members proposals are absolute madness,they want to increase the Salmon bag limit up to 7 ! With the whole of the North Atlantic experienceing the worst catches in living memory that makes really good sense! Personally I hate to say it but I think the time has come to release all Salmon until they find out what is causing this disastrous situation before it's to late!Or am I being over alarmist?

Comment

Twm Twm, can you enlighten us who exactly populates this 'new' committee?

Comment

You have a PM Jones.

Comment

Just to clarify the situation.

The only person who has been elected to any post is the new Chairman.

After his election he requested nominations from the floor to form the clubs new committee. As yet they are not in position. Another meeting will have to be called by the Chairman to enable the members to vote for or against the nominees.

Comment

Working...
                              X